What kind of diet and daily activities does Ayurveda suggest for a pregnant women?
Pregnancy is a very important time period for both mother and baby. A baby’s diet and lifestyle depends on mother, whatever mother takes in diet, and lifestyle it impacts the baby for sure.
Mother should always have satvik food, which means all fruits, vegetables, pulses, milk and fresh food only. Try to avoid food with preservatives and non veg as it can impact the baby’s Prakriti.
- Daily meditation and light exercises or simply walk is must
- Drink a good amount of water
- Always be happy as this enhances the growth of the baby
- Balanced diet is most important
- Good sleep is must, to relax and rejuvenate the body
- Avoid junk or food from outside
- Oil massage should be included to increase the blood circulation
- Stress factors should be avoided
These simple changes can have a great impact on the baby, hence a healthy and happy baby will born.
Dr. Shallu Gerg